Canadian Note 7 service stoppages take effect December 15

AdSense

New Zealand networks have tossed them aside and so have their neighbors just to the west. Samsung has now decided to take the complete shutdown of the Galaxy Note 7 to the Great White North.

While Samsung Canada reports that it has received about 90 percent of all recalled units, it has decided to take the extra step of making sure that those remaining 10 percent or so have no incentive to use the recalled, fire-prone phone.

An update that will be issued as early as December 12 will block the Note 7’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functionality in addition to limiting its maximum battery charge. On December 15, the Note 7 will also lose cellular access as well, with the exception of 911 calls.

A continuous push notification campaign is notifying customers of the impending, mandatory update.

The post Canadian Note 7 service stoppages take effect December 15 appeared first on Pocketnow.

Powered by WPeMatico

eBay