Comments Off on 2019: The year it became impossible to buy a roll of toilet paper without a smart assistant built in
If you haven’t heard, Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa are coming to everything. Both companies have opened up connectivity and even some devices that did not have them when you purchased them are getting assistant upgrades.
Google’s Assistant is listed as coming to the following devices in 2019:
- Lenovo’s 4″ Smart Touchscreen Clock
- Dish’s Hopper family of receivers
- The Sonos One and the Sonos Beam (which will probably not be on Amazon shortly with their anti-Google initiative)
- Several Samsung TVs will be seeing an upgrade
- New devices from Sony, Hisense, Philips, TCL Skyworth, Xiaomi, Haier, Changhong, and JVC.
- Jabra (not listed in the above link, but it is)
- A hoary host of earbuds and picture frames
Meanwhile Android Police created a list of every Alexa-enhanced product announced at CES. Should be noted their list also includes items that work with/are controlled by Alexa, and it’s only two pages long, so I think they skipped all the off-brands.
Powered by WPeMatico